HomeServe USA is an independent provider of home repair service solutions. For over a decade, we have helped homeowners protect against the expense and inconvenience of water, sewer, electrical, heating, and cooling home emergencies by managing affordable coverage, and offering a quality service.
On Behalf of HomeServe, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Lead Vue.js Engineer to join and lead our team full time. As Lead UI Developer, you will be primarily responsible for user experience, inclusive and intuitive design, security, and overall product development as well as leading the independent software development team. The right ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of developing highly responsive, highly performant interactive interfaces, a strong command of front-end application development, and proven leadership capabilities.
What is required?
- 6+ years of UI development experience
- Strong Vue.js expertise
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, the DOM, and web services
- Expert knowledge of common software engineering concepts (algorithms, data structures, and modularization)
- Understanding and ability to solve basic UX design problems
- Ability to write automated tests and line code according to standards
- Conscientious of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Git and Atlassian tools
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Strong team Leadership skills in a team of 4+ people and experience setting up process on the project
- Great English and communication skills
What will be a plus?
- RESTful APIs knowledge
- Knowledge of Node.js and backend scripting or other backend languages and framework
What will you do?
- Analyze product requirements and take a major part in designing the software at a high and detailed level
- Be a leader. Provide technical guidance, career development, mentoring to team members and to ensure project success
- Maintain and instill high standards for code quality, application performance, and stability
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand our users and their needs
- Ask the right questions and think deeply about building solutions that support both our short-term and long-term goals