Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced… just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
ELC Online is the E/M-Commerce and Digital Innovation division of the Estée Lauder Companies Inc., a family of globally-recognized prestige beauty brands. ELC Online has a significant global presence via hundreds of Brand.com, retailer.com, and digital and social media platforms across the world. ELC Online is dedicated to providing an enhanced shopping experience by placing the consumer at the center of the retail journey, allowing them to connect with Brands in a personalized way that exceeds their needs, standards and expectations, enabled in part through Omnichannel retailing.
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of bold technologists, marketers and ecomm renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.
What is required?
- You have 5+ years experience with Perl
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira, Git
- Comfortable working in EST hours
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You understand architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
- Role Summary
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented teams to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work remotely with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
What you will do:
- A strong individual contributor for core Account and Checkout backend build that will be used across our platform
- Build highly scalable features and APIs to support fantastic user experiences with the highest code quality & best-in-class performance
- Work closely with tech leads, architects, and engineers to define cutting-edge technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
What will be a plus?
- Experience in ecommerce web platform development, Account and Checkout eCommerce platform
- Experience interfacing with payment methods
- Experience with products at enterprise scale