What is required?
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Technical background – experienced in engineering principles and design patterns.
- Solution design experience in large scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature.
- Expert in Java (Spring framework), AWS RESTful APIs
- Experience with Elastic search and cloud technologies
- Talent for speaking to non-technical people about technical things
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in either one-on-one interactions or presenting to a room
What will be a plus?
- Experience with NodeJS
- Sumo Logic
What you will do:
- Write and deploy working, performant and secure code to production
- Collaborate with all other technologists to define architecture & strategy.
- Contributing in agile ceremonies and planning.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production
What we offer:
- High profile, innovative and trail-blazing projects
- An exciting environment in a rapidly growing industry
- Agile (SAFe) development processes
- Commitment to personal development
- Work with a global team of amazing co-workers
- Access to amazing luxury products and brands in the beauty and skincare industry
What about the project
We’re looking for an amazing API developer to join our team. This person will report to the Regional Technical Lead/Lead Engineer, and work with engineers locally and globally to contribute to the development of our Cloud based microservices platform.
You will be working within Agile teams to build new functionality using Java/Node or maybe a new technology that you think would do the job even better.
Duties include solution design, development, code reviews, documentation and troubleshooting.
We promote the leader leader model of leadership and an agile way of working so you will have ample opportunity to really impact the build of our platform. We’re unique in having a Developer Experience team who exist to make sure our developers get the tools and processes they need to get the job done. You remember we said we’re ‘a technology company inside a cosmetics company’, we really mean it.