This role would be joining a new assembly team. This assembly team is responsible for the scale of Stardust Account services (CARe) onto our many brand sites across the business. You will work with BU Config service to ensure all SD services (Account, SD Comms, Database, DevOps) are setup correctly, commit JSON to git, submit Pull Requests, ensure deployment of BU Configs to all environments.
What is required?
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Talent for speaking to non-technical people about technical things
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in either one-on-one interactions or presenting to a room
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira, Git
- Comfortable working in EST hours
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
- Understanding of Stardust architecture, particularly CARe and BU Config.
- Understanding and practical use of Stardust SDLC for BU Config releases and deployments, Jira, Bitbucket and Git.
- Proactive approach to recognising site-specific differences in requirements.
What will be a plus?
- Solution design experience in large scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature
- Exposure to common development tools (Gradle, Maven, Spring, JUnit, Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience with 3rd party tools and services such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with REST and API patterns, Authentication patterns (JWT, OAuth2), API contracts (Swagger/OpenAPIv3, SOAP, etc)
What you will do:
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented teams to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs
- You’ll work remotely with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own