The Regional Online Digital Operations team is responsible for leading out on enterprise level enhancements and innovations to the Estee Lauder Companies (ELC) global proprietary eCommerce platform. The Business Analyst/Product Owner would be working closely with other members of the Regional Production Team in managing and scope out site enhancement requests/new feature builds, understand business requirements and needs, and ensure the operational integrity of the websites. The Business Analyst/Product Owner leverages their project management skills to perform the day to day management of projects/tasks/resources, but goes beyond this remit to work across the business in order to produce the final deliverable on time and to budget.
We are looking for a driven, pro-active and successful Business Analyst/Product Owner with a history of working in a fast paced and high stakes/time-sensitive environment, adept at different project management methodologies.
What is required?
- 5+ years of project management with a strong understanding of web technologies involved in E-commerce features development
- Educated to Degree level or have relevant experience in their appropriate discipline and management experience
- Highly collaborative, team player with pro-active, positive and strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership with excellent verbal and written communication skill to clearly and accurately articulate, in writing the business needs\
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects, varying in scope and partnering agencies, in a fast-paced and high stakes environment
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team members and function styles and leverage team diversity
- Demonstrate a challenger spirit to remove blockers, propose solutions and propel projects to completion
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a high sense of urgency
- Agile certification – ideally SAFe agile certification is a plus
- Flexibility to adjust and work with different time zones and global teams.
- Spanish required, Portuguese and World Languages interest is a plus.
- Solid understanding of eCommerce, merchandising, browsing and demonstrated interest and experience in leading technology projects
- Solid understanding of UX principles of business-to-business tools content and data management tools as well as consumer facing interfaces.
- Familiarity and passion for eCommerce trends and best practices
- Understanding of how to design tests and interpret test results
- Experience with analytics tools and data-driven decision-making
- Ability to lead ideation workshops and product planning sessions
- Experience with Agile and iterative development process, ideally specifically with the SAFe framework
What you will do:
- Work closely with the assigned engineering team and scrum team to clearly understand the assumptions, background and risks for all allocated pieces of delivery
- Manage business team’s expectations within the confines of the allocated delivery projects – defining internal and external roles and responsibilities at project kick-off and ensuring communication is open, transparent and in line with the agreed communication plan
- Monitor the project team, ensuring that tasks are allocated and delivered according to the plan and escalate where a deviation to plan is likely
- Being commercially aware of all decisions made throughout a project lifecycle -understanding potential impact to the timescale and raise issues/concerns where appropriate
- Develop user story acceptance criteria and meet with teams as needed for user story refinement
- Maintaining regular business and production team meetings and where relevant 3rd party communication at all times ensuring that all methods of communication identified are provided when agreed
- Be available to team, business stakeholders and functions to answer questions on a nearly daily basis
- Attend daily standups as needed to clarify stories or acceptance criteria
- Maintaining regular brand and production team meetings and where relevant 3rd party communication at all times ensuring that all methods of communication identified are provided when agreed
- Acting as the guardian of all project documentation – ensure that all documentation is consistent and fit for purpose before being sent to the brands for review
- Accept ownership and reporting of the team backlog, progress and status of development of features
- Escalate issues/concerns immediately in order to avert development running over time/budget, tracking progress and negotiating deadlines
- Influence leadership within the business areas to maintain alignment around backlog objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope and constraints impacting delivery
- Act as a quality gatekeeper for all deliverables, ensure that guidelines and best practices are followed and that the product is reviewed only after meeting acceptance criteria.
- Completing all required reports as identified and required in a timely and accurate manner
- Be an expert in agile, specifically in the Scaled Agile for Enterprise (SAFe) framework. Ideally, this candidate would already be a certified SAFe Product Owner