What is required?
- Deep expertise running production-grade, large-scale web software on AWS
- Experience implementing infrastructure-as-code
- Experience establishing test suites and integrating them into continuous integration systems
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability. Expertise with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed, service-oriented systems communicating with RESTful API interfaces. Bonus: experience with event sourcing, CQRS and asynchronous communication using queues
- Experience with containers and container lifecycle management
- Experience with kubernetes or EKS a plus
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work cross-functionally with people in different areas of expertise
- A sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable systems
- The willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
What you will do:
- Manage all cloud-based infrastructure, including performance and cost optimization
- Ensure application and infrastructure observability
- Build internal tooling to reduce friction points in the software development lifecycle
- Establish and maintain test suites, collaborating with broader team to execute
- Advocate for code quality and automated approaches to ensuring that quality
- Share on-call rotation and be an escalation point to the business and engineering
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
About the project
The software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that support our mission to eliminate food waste and build a kinder food system. Engineers don’t just build widgets — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to support the overall engineering team as they help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional web and mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
This role will report to the Devops Manager, and can be remotely located within US time zones.
This is our fifth dedicated hire for DevOps and test automation, and we expect this person to be a leader in infrastructure, quality and reliability. You should have the technical skills to work directly with AWS and test suites, and the communication skills to educate others and help to institute a culture of quality.
If preventing food waste, being a DevOps and test automation pioneer, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!