We are seeking a proactive and experienced General Counsel to work with the executive team and manage all legal matters and risks. The General Counsel will primarily be responsible to examine, draft and negotiate business agreements and contracts with customers, vendors and other outside parties. The General Counsel will ensure legal compliance with local and global laws and data protection programs, corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending and prosecuting lawsuits. To ensure success the General Counsel needs to have sound knowledge and understanding of some services industry, preferably software development services, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
Some background in software development services is preferred, but we are happy to work with someone from a different background who is willing to learn and master our field. We have solid in-house expertise and expert external legal support.
What is required?
- Understanding of legal field;
- Degree in a legal field;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience with reviewing and negotiating legal agreements in English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Organized and proactive.
What will be a plus?
- Experience working with IT companies;
- Experience with international legal matters.
What you will do:
- Review Master Service Agreements (MSA) and suggesting changes;
- Advise executive team on legal matters and strategy;
- Negotiate and sign contracts with external stakeholders.