Redaptive is seeking a Junior Back-End Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a Junior Back-End Software Engineer, you will be working with Engineering Management, DevOps, Data Science, Product Managers, and QA to develop and maintain features in Redaptive’s platform.
Redaptive’s core platform is a data backhaul and meter data management system gathering Redaptive’s meter data from the field, and applications leveraging that meter data such as energy savings models and data dashboards. Integrations between core operational systems (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite) is another major focus area in the first half of 2021.
This role will be based remotely anywhere in the USA and will work closely with teammates across several international time zones including Argentina and India. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering & Data Science.
What is required?
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- BS degree preferred in Computer Science or related technical field. Equivalent practical experience on the job as a software engineer will also qualify candidates, depending on level and type of experience.
- Experience with cloud computing and the AWS suite. For example: IOT, S3, Lambdas, SQS, RDBMS (PostgreSQL), API Gateway, Sagemaker.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Netsuite and their REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience in Agile software development methods and tooling, such as Jira ticketing, Kanban process, etc.
- Thrive in fast-paced and changing requirements environment.
- Domain knowledge in energy efficiency, solar/storage, or electric utilities is a plus.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain tooling and infrastructure to ensure reliable, high-quality meter data values are flowing through Redaptive’s APIs. Examples include data cleaning and data aggregation functions.
- Gather and warehouse historical utility meter data and billing.
- Build performance monitoring systems flagging performance outliers across a variety of energy conservation technologies, including lighting efficiency, HVAC, and/or on-premise solar.
- Work closely with front-end engineers to develop internal and external facing interfaces across domain areas such as Network Operations Center / Meter Reliability, customer-facing Dashboards, invoice, and payment systems, and presentation of new customer opportunities.
- Work closely with internal BI/Strategy teams to provide underlying data models, infrastructure, and tooling to enable internal intelligence.
About the project
Redaptive is the leading Efficiency-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, and Evergy Ventures.