Striving for excellence is in our corporate culture. Since 2000, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently, we’re looking for a Junior React Native Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of big media. The platform that you’ll be working on serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest development and QA minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
What is required?
- Mobile development experience
- 1+ year experience developing production-ready code
- Unit testing experience – Jest or similar
- Experience with ReactNative
- Experience with such tools as Git, GitHub
- Proactiveness and critical thinking
- Great English level and communication skills for working in an agile distributed team
What will be a plus?
- Native mobile applications development experience for Android or iOS
- AppStore production release experience
What will you do?
- Сreate the best possible user experience on the Mobile
- Research new technology/design patterns in collaboration with fellow engineers to determine if we can use them
- Taking ownership of business requirements and design/implement/test solutions
- Liaising closely with the Canadian team, PM, BA, QAs to ensure a quality look & feel for all features
- Development and integration of new applications and enhancements
- Proactively look for improvements on stability and optimization of the existing codebase
What about project
Torstar Corporation is a broadly based media company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B). Its businesses include the Star Media Group led by the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper and Free Daily News Group Inc., which publishes the English-language Metro newspapers in several Canadian cities; Metroland Media Group, publisher of community and daily newspapers in Ontario; and also include digital properties including thestar.com, Workopolis, wagjag.com, toronto.com, save.ca, and eyeReturn Marketing Inc. It also includes a majority interest in VerticalScope, a North American vertically-focused digital media company.