We are seeking a designer with the vision and experience to take ownership of all aspects of the Avatour user experience. Responsibilities will range from the color of the laser pointer in our VR headset app to the labels on our hardware packaging. This is a rare opportunity to develop and deploy a coherent vision across multiple interfaces and media, with very little in the way of legacy constraints or prior art.
A successful candidate will have shipped immersive UX designs for VR, AR and/or smartglasses, as well as solid experience with 2D web and mobile interface design, and will have a broad understanding of all these technologies. Experience with web conferencing or webinar technologies a big plus.
Depending on the candidate’s background and seniority, the role’s responsibilities may be broadened to include more graphic design responsibilities (branding, video, ads) or more product management responsibilities (features and roadmap).
What is required?
- 5+ years’ experience of working on a UX Designer, UI Designer or other relevant position, with shipped products
- Significant experience designing for interactive technologies (VR/AR/smartglasses)
- Strong experience with 2D and 3D design software and a solid portfolio of design projects
- Coding experience with HTML/CSS, React, or Unity a big plus
- Experience in project management and research will be a bonus
- BA/BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
What you will do:
- Research and understand our customers, their use cases and business goals.
- Build wireframes and prototypes to validate customer needs.
- Solve UX problems across all Avatour product modalities (web, mobile, headset) and across different user roles (host, guest, operator).
- Manage contract UI designers to implement attractive designs and/or implement them directly.
- Discuss design ideas and prototypes with developers and/or assist with development.
- Stay informed about competitor products and industry trends.