We’re looking for an amazing PHP/Perl developer to join our team. This person will report to the Regional Technical Lead and work with engineers locally and globally to contribute to the development and maintenance of our ecommerce platform.
Working within Agile teams, you will build new functionality from initial solution design, through development, code reviews, documentation, launch and troubleshooting. We try to use the right tool for the job but typically you will be writing code using PHP, Perl.
We promote the leader leader model of leadership and an agile way of working so you will have ample opportunity to really impact projects. We’re unique in having a Developer Experience team who exist to make sure our developers get the tools and processes they need to get the job done. You remember we said we’re ‘a technology company inside a cosmetics company’, we really mean it.
What is required?
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Technical background – experienced in engineering principles and design patterns.
- Solution design experience in large scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature.
- Talent for speaking to non-technical people about technical things.
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in either one-on-one interactions or presenting to a room.
- You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in different time zones, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
What will be a plus?
- Experience with Java
- Sumo Logic
- Comfortable working on the command line
- Experience working within Agile teams
What you will do:
- Write and deploy working, performant and secure code to production.
- Collaborate with all other technologists to define architecture & strategy.
- Contributing to agile ceremonies and planning.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production.
What we offer:
- High profile, innovative and trail-blazing projects
- An exciting environment in a rapidly growing industry
- Agile development processes
- Commitment to personal development
- Work with a global team of amazing co-workers
- Access to amazing luxury products and brands in the beauty and skincare industry