AgileEngine is a #3 rated software development company in San Francisco and #1 in Washington DC. Our clients include names like Bloomberg, Samsung and dozens of VC-funded startups in Silicon Valley and around the world. We use cutting edge tech stack and Lean Startup approach to turn idea into awesome software.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world, and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for a Scala engineer who can help our client build a robust 24/7/365 cloud-based system and is passionate about developing world-class, highly scalable API services.
What is required?
- 3+ years of Scala software development experience
- Strong foundation in Computer Science – data structures, algorithms, etc
- Experience in building highly-scalable service-based applications
- Experience in requirements gathering and leading of the development process
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience developing software in a fast-paced environment
What will be a plus?
- Hands on experience with event-driven systems
- Experience with the Akka ecosystem (actors, streams, persistence)
- Experience with Kafka
- Willingness to pick up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Understanding the value of automation and continuous delivery
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
What will you do?
- Build and maintain web services subjected to high request volume (consumer or large enterprise)
- Contribute to software and architectural design decisions
- Peer code review and feedback
- Improve code quality through continuous refactoring and modularity
- Be a team player, ready to take on grooming and estimation of new task requirements
What about the project?
LiveSafe (https://www.livesafemobile.com/solutions/) is a cornerstone of healthy, happy, and productive communities. We act on this belief by creating software that changes the dynamics of how individuals communicate with safety officials, security personnel, and others for improved safety outcomes.
Our “social safety” products allow employees and students to easily connect with corporate security and campus safety, as well as with each other. Passion for building safer communities is in our DNA and we are serious about providing a high quality product that works every time someone needs it.
Since going to market, LiveSafe has helped to save a student’s life, led police to make several arrests, contributed to an overall 40% reduction in crime at one of their partner schools and prevented an unquantifiable number of other incidents from occurring.