On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Middle/Senior Backend/Data Engineer to analyze data sources from a set of internal tools, perform data consistency analysis, prototype enhancements and new features for those tools in Jupyter Notebooks and analyze the impact of building & testing those requirements.
The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities, knowledge on tables & data structures and passion for deep diving into massive sources of data. The candidate should be able to answer questions backed on its data analysis.
What is required?
- 3+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with Python (ideally 2+ years)
- Significant practical experience with Jupyter Notebooks (ideally 1+ years)
- Knowledge and practical experience with data modelling (database Diagrams of Entity Relationship -DER-), data structuring (tables, transformation, tidy data good practices) and SQL (ideally 2+ years)
- Ability to dive into data sources and investigate the data
What you will do:
- Work with a data analytics team at Indeed:
-performing data consistency analysis
-answering questions about the data
-researching how different tools come up with different results about the same data
-building prototypes of tool’s new features in Jupyter Notebooks
-analyzing the impact in performance / stability / changes needed for business requirements
- Producing high-quality code
- Communication with Engineering & Data Analytics management
- Alignment with existing development teams
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Since 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.