Redaptive is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a data engineer, you will be working with Engineering Management, DevOps, Data Science, Product Managers, and QA to develop a highly scalable and real-time energy management solution.
Our core platform is a meter data backhaul and management system gathering energy data from IoT devices in real-time with the ultimate goal of enabling energy savings for our customers. This platform powers numerous energy savings models, processes, and dashboards.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the USA and will work closely with international teammates. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering & Data Science.
Permanent authorization to work in the United States is required at this time.
What is required?
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- BS degree preferred in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Equivalent practical experience on the job as a data or software engineer will also qualify candidates, depending on level and type of experience.
- Experience with an open-source oriented stack, ideally at least two of the following languages: Java / Spring, Node.js, Python.
- Cloud computing, preferably the AWS suite. For example: IOT, S3, Lambdas, SQS, RDBMS (PostgreSQL), API Gateway, Sagemaker.
- Experience in Agile software development methods and tooling, such as Jira ticketing, Kanban process, etc.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Domain knowledge in energy efficiency, solar/storage, or electric utilities is a plus.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, build and deploy tooling and infrastructure to ensure reliable, high-quality meter and billing data is collected, stored, and served via REST APIs.
- Develop data pipelines to bring real-time data from a variety of IOT and operational systems into Redaptive’s data lake.
- Develop performance monitoring and anomaly detection systems to flag performance outliers across a variety of energy conservation technologies, including lighting, HVAC, solar, etc.
- Work closely with front-end engineers to develop the APIs that feed internal and external user interfaces such as Network Operations Center / Meter Reliability, customer-facing dashboards, invoice / payment systems, and presentation of new customer opportunities.
- Work closely with internal BI / Strategy teams to provide underlying data models, infrastructure, and tooling to enable internal intelligence.
About the project
Redaptive is the leading Efficiency-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, and Evergy Ventures.