Our client was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer client (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country.
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
What is required?
- 3+ years professional experience in backend software engineering
- Experience with F# or other Functional programming languages or must have a keen interest in F# and be willing to learn more
What you will do:
- Collaborate with other team members to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
About the project
Our software engineering team builds the e-commerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible, including a strong data foundation upon which we’re building data and machine learning systems that help us take the work out of grocery shopping! Engineers don’t just build widgets or maintain data pipelines — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team with members throughout the US.
We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for a backend software engineer with experience leveraging data and machine learning to help us build out our capabilities in personalization, recommendation engines, and business optimization.
If you are egg-cited by the idea of owning the full product engineering lifecycle, diving into a bushel of data, and working with a bunch of grape people fighting food waste and tackling problems of sustainability, we want you to lettuce know!