AgileEngine is looking for a curious Senior Full Stack Engineer to work for a global tourism photography provider, focused on building new systems in current and active languages with extensive reliance on cloud infrastructure (primarily in AWS). With a significant system built using Java (Spring Boot), Angular, Ruby, & Python running on Elastic Kubernetes Service from AWS and maintaining existing systems built-in C#, Java, Angular, PHP, & Python on traditional EC2 with and without any configuration management (Puppet).
That said, the technologies and stacks on which they build their digital product will belong to the team and be shaped by you, in this role.
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, building distributed systems, and web services in a variety of languages and platforms.
- Strong experience in Typescript
- Automation Testing experience (Unit Tests, Integration Tests, etc.)
- A self-starter who discovers practical solutions to hard problems and enjoys minimizing complexity along the way.
- Eagerness to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing software solutions.
- A desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones in a flexible workspace built and defined by you!
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- Our Core Engineering Team Values sound a lot like you and sound like the people you want to work with.
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion. We interact with millions of people across hundreds of sites in over 20 countries globally. Your unique history, culture, and community perspective are invaluable to the team we are building.
What will be a plus?
- Experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies.
- Experience with containerization
- Team leadership experience and a desire to mentor other software developers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar education.
- AWS Experience is a big plus
What you will do:
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant systems and business goals to guide you in designing and building effective solutions.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working with the latest Backend and Frontend stacks.
- Own and architect foundational business services.
- Establish and help maintain test-driven development principles
- Communicate and partner cross-functionally with teams in product and software development.
- Drive new product initiatives forward by thinking creatively and with good judgment.