Asoko Insight, Africa’s leading corporate data and engagement platform, is currently looking for a Strong Middle/Senior Engineer to work with leading edge full-stack Web environment. The Software Engineer will working closely with the Technology Director to align on both near-term goals and the technical vision.
What is required?
- 3+ years production software engineering experience
- Web API design, modular and layered design, strong business domain analytics, challenging data designs
- Can influence and execute system architecture in coordination with CTO
- Node.js, RESTful API design, NoSQL databases, Vue.js or other similar client MVC / MVVM such as React.
- Agile methodology, git, Test Driven Development, continuous integration/deployment
What will be a plus?
- Web components
- Neo4J or other graph processing
- Jamstack / headless CMS technologies
About the project
Reliable data across the continent is either unavailable, unreliable, cost-prohibitive, or time-consuming to obtain. Asoko has been addressing these challenges for over seven years, and we have fast become the world’s leading Africa-focused corporate information provider. We provide data solutions to clients including Goldman Sachs, Oracle, Deloitte, Safaricom, the London Stock Exchange, the African Development Bank, the UN and hundreds of other global leaders doing business on the continent.
Our data solutions – including company, person and deal data, industry reports and value chain analyses – and digital engagement platform save our clients time, money and resources for business development and compliance use cases.
We are proud of the company culture we have built where success is achieved together. At Asoko we value results over physical presence and rely on driven individuals with the ability to work autonomously on a day-to-day basis. Our company culture promotes curiosity, diversity and collaboration; from our fast-paced lightning round meetings to regular team building sessions, we aim to reinforce a remote community and open communication in everything we do.