On behalf of VMware, AgileEngine is looking for a great Node.js developer to join our team.
Do you love to make new things, design, and develop cool stuff that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun, and exhilarating environment? If you want the thrill of your life, want to change the world, and work with and learn from a team of rock star engineers, then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
What is required?
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS;
- 3+ years of experience with any backend language;
- Experience with Front End development on Angular 2+;
- Experience with writing unit tests;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Ability to write clear, readable code;
- Strong software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns;
- Ability to take ownership of features, and be accountable for maintaining high quality;
- Upper-Intermediate English — you’ll be closely working with international teams;
- BS in Computer Science or a related field (or relevant experience).
What will be a plus?
- Experience developing multi-tenant applications
- Experience with CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Knowledge of commands in Linux
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Redis
- Basic understanding of networking (required by domain)
What you will do:
- Contribute to backend development of award-winning cloud solution, it’s modules and features
- Work closely with the Architects, Developers and QA Engineers in Kyiv and Palo Alto to jointly deliver a cohesive solution
- Propose new solutions in different areas
- Use your knowledge to improve the scale and performance of developed solutions
- Be a technical leader by driving design, translating requirements, and reviewing code, help both Ukrainian and US teams to excel
What we offer:
- Opportunity to lay your hands on products of a Fortune — Future 50 company
- Good compensation package
- Interesting challenges and challenging tasks
- Comfortable work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Professional seminars and training, professional studying
About the project
VeloCloud (now a part of VMWare), a Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN pioneer, simplifies branch WAN networking by automating deployment and improving performance over private, broadband Internet and LTE links for today’s increasingly distributed enterprises, as well as service providers.
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMWare, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry. Are you ready to join us?