Estee Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for a Middle or Senior React.js Engineer to join our team full time, work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
As a React.js Developer, you’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, designers, developers to analyze, architect, and build solutions based on business needs.
You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
- Work with a team of skilled front end developers working on our core front end components across our branded e-commerce websites, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
- Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity. Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams.
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You have experience mentoring other engineers & working with the business to define & drive solutions
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Expertise with React.js
- Experience with MobX
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
- Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)
Client’s company description
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries and territories. Infused throughout the organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as they continue the bold work of their founder.
ELC’s vision is to lead the prestigious beauty industry in tech innovation. There’s a massive play for beauty in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other emerging technologies. They are focused on creating the best-personalized experiences for consumers, giving them seamless, aspirational experiences whether on mobile, in-store or online.