In IT, an automation engineer refers to someone who delivers automated solutions for software processes. As an automation engineer, you’ll have to work closely with other teams to help discover and eliminate problems by gathering requirements and implementing process automation. Sometimes this will include hardware or software, but other times you might be asked to automate service or business processes.
What is required?
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver / Puppeteer / Cypress IO for automation testing
- Experience writing all sort of tests (unit, component, integration, e2e)
- Strong Agile Software Engineering Experience (BDD/TDD, Pair Programming, Code Quality, Design Quality)
- Mobile Testing experience using APPIUM
- Experience with Cucumber, Jest
- API testing experience and understanding of cloud technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Extensive Jira knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools and, passion for quality processes.
- Experience or demonstrated ability in working in an automated testing pipeline driven by a Continuous Integration framework.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Demonstrated ability in increasing functional test coverage (UI, API).
- Demonstrated ability in enhancing test frameworks
What you will do:
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Design and execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Run tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.