Client is the leading institutional OTC trading platform providing a single point of access to multi-dealer, block liquidity for crypto futures and options across the largest derivatives exchanges globally. We’ve established ourselves as the pioneers of RFQ-based block trading, with $3+ billion in monthly volumes, and routinely account for 10-30% of daily global cryptocurrency option flows. The firm has a global network of 280+ counterparties that include hedge funds, OTC desks, lenders, structured product issuers, market makers, and family offices.
We are seeking a senior backend engineer to join our team and help build out our flagship chat-based trading platform. You will work on developing mission critical and highly performant features from scratch for our institutional customers.
What is required?
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch with a strong engineering team
- Thorough working knowledge of Django and its internals
- Extensive experience using Python
- Some FE experience with React.js
- Experience with Golang and/or Python (willing to learn Golang)
- Experience monitoring and scaling microservice-oriented systems
- Familiarity with websocket architecture and implementation
- Experience working with cloud-native AWS infrastructure and/or Kubernetes
- Team-building and technical leadership experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (M.S. a plus)
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain scalable, secure web services and distributed systems
- Design and develop robust solutions for trade negotiation and execution, real-time market data, chat messaging, authentication, and security
- Help maintain existing codebase, infrastructure, test coverage, and documentation
- Communicate requirements effectively within and across teams