AgileEngine is looking for a Backend/Data Engineer to develop back-end/data engineering solutions. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
What is required?
- 4+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL Server or other relational database management systems (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Practical experience implementing Apache Spark jobs: knowing its features on partitioning, grouping, joins, importing the data into the cluster, exporting the data from the cluster
- Practical experience building ETL/ELT data pipelines from scratch or using existing frameworks like StreamSets DataCollector (SDC), Fivetran, Apache NiFi
- Practical experience of using Data Warehouse(s) with Snowflake or other DW-oriented databases (Google BigQuery, Redshift, etc
- Practical experience with one of the following languages: C#, Python, Java, Scala
- Intermediate English
What Nice to have?
- AWS basics
- AWS DMS
- Kubernetes basics
- Spark Operator
- Build Apache Spark jobs
- Build data pipelines(ETL flows) to connect different sources of data together
- Identification of performance bottlenecks
- Serve as a go-to Data Engineering consultant for other team members
- Optimize SQL queries
- Producing high-quality code
- Communication with Engineering & Product management
- Alignment with existing development teams
What we offer?
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
What about project
Fixed Assets is a SaaS application that helps corporations and CPA firms to manage fixed assets. The application handles the full lifecycle of each individual asset: from the moment this asset is placed in service through the end of its life as well as providing various ways to adjust and customize this asset’s depreciation.
Fixed Assets is undergoing a modernization. We are rethinking the design of the application and building a future-proof solution that runs on multiple clouds including AWS and Azure and is optimized to import and export hundreds of millions of assets.