The software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that support our mission to eliminate food waste and build a kinder food system. Engineers don’t just build widgets — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional web and mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
What is required?
- 5+ years professional experience in backend software engineering
- An appetite to master F#
- Experience building resilient, loosely coupled microservices
- Expertise in data modeling and a solid understanding of the tradeoffs between various data storage paradigms (e.g. relational databases, data warehouses, and data lakes)
- A strong commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
What you will do
- Collaborate with other team members to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
- Lead architecture and delivery for feature development
- Mentor other team members
- You have the willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
- You have an appetite to learn from and share knowledge with other members of the team
- You have a desire to build both the core backend systems that drive Imperfect’s data aggregation and the systems that leverage and build upon that data
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!