The project as a Service is the only global digital roadside assistance platform providing roadside assistance to global brands, roadside assistance professionals, and consumers.
Their solution delivers the quickest, safest and most innovative roadside assistance service, products and technology by combining location-based services, real-time data, AI and machine-to-machine communication. The client’s platform powers roadside assistance solutions in North America, Europe and Asia for leading brands across the automotive, insurance, telematics and other transportation-focused verticals.
What is required?
- 5+ years in mobile web-development in similar environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related technology field
- Strong programming skills. Must be proficient in one of the following languages: Python / Scala / Java
- Must have working knowledge of Pyspark, Panda Data Frames, SparkSQL etc
- Working knowledge of messaging and data pipeline tools like Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis
- Must have experience developing APIs using frameworks like Flask/Django etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Apache Spark-Streaming, Apache Storm etc
- Experience working in open table / in-memory table formats for huge analytics dataset: Iceberg, Parquet, Arrow, AVRO etc
- Experience writing and understanding complex SQL queries
- Problem Solving : proactively solve problems before they can become real problems. constantly upgrading your skill set and applying those practices
What will be a plus?
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EMR, Glue, Athena, RDS, Redshift
- Have worked with data pipeline and governance tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi etc
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like, Apache Solr, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Have knowledge of HDFS, Flume, Hive, MapReduce
- Nice to have worked in one of the data warehouse tools like AWS Redshift, Snowflake
What will you do?
- Be part of the small team that’s developing multi-cloud platform services
- Work in a startup like environment and execute projects with full autonomy
- Build and maintain automation frameworks to execute developer written tests in private and public cloud environments
- Understand our platform development environment and philosophy
- Understand our cloud platform and applications’ infrastructure
- Understand our engineering teams’ work culture
- Employ various cloud agnostic tools to marry our internal and external systems and third-party APIs together
- Develop data platform services
- Build monitoring infrastructure / services to give visibility into the pipeline’s status
- Interface with different teams to make data available for reporting and analytics
- Continue to optimize our data platform
- Gather data requirements from other teams and implement solutions for them
- Ensure integrity between our various systems and champion the flow of data across all of our systems ensuring data consistency
- Work with structured and unstructured data at scale from a variety of different data sources (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSs
- Constantly monitor and support our complete data ecosystem
- Maintain the data platform security and integrity
- Operate and manage the services in production
What about project
Your mission is to manage and optimize our cloud data platform. This means you will be responsible for working on a variety of data projects which includes orchestrating our data pipelines using modern big data tools/stack as well as the engineering of existing transactional processing systems.