AgileEngine is looking for Senior DevOps to join one of the platform teams for Bloomberg Tax & Accounting.
The candidate has to have excellent communication skills, upper-intermediate English and proven DevOps experience on setting up the CI/CD and deployments of the .NET-based applications to Kubernetes cluster.
The role of this person on the team to be the expert on the AWS networking and resources. They will be providing to the team the logging and monitoring resources and working with the team to ensure observability into the system. They will also help the team with any infrastructure as code as needed; as well as being a resource for Kubernetes.
What is required?
- 2+ years of experience in the DevOps / Build Engineer role
- 2+ years of experience with some scripting language (Python, batch files, shell)
- Containerization and deployment of .NET-based apps to the Kubernetes cluster
- Experience with at least one major CI tool (Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Awareness of AWS infrastructure elements
- Automation for building container images
- Excellent communication skills
- At least Upper-intermediate English
What will be a plus?
- Previous experience working as part of highly-diverse distribute team
- Practical development experience in .NET / C#
- Understanding the challenges of migrating monolithic applications to microservices
- Familiarity with Flux CD
The candidate will be:
- The go-go person on providing DevOps guidance to the client’s team
- Validating and making sure the required processed serve the team’s goals
- Examine and recommend additions and alternatives to the DevOps toolkit if it required to meet the team’s goals
- Make sure the team learns DevOps practices and general philosophy – likely the candidate should become an ‘agent of change’ the development practices that initially came from the monolithic applications development
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Fixed Assets is a SaaS application that helps corporations and CPA firms to manage fixed assets. The application handles the full lifecycle of each individual asset: from the moment this asset is placed in service through the end of its life as well as providing various ways to adjust and customize this asset’s depreciation.
Fixed Assets is undergoing a modernization. We are rethinking the design of the application and building a future-proof solution that runs on multiple clouds including AWS and Azure and is optimized to import and export hundreds of millions of assets.
The application is being modernized using Apache Spark and data lake approach to process the assets data. Kubernetes running on AWS is the target deployment environment. Amazon Lambdas and S3 are one of the core AWS services that are currently used by the solution.