The software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that support our mission to eliminate food waste and build a kinder food system. Engineers don’t just build widgets — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional web and mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
What is required?
- 8+ years professional experience in frontend engineering
- Industry experience and a high level of comfort with React
- Strong experience working with animations/UX
- Full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
What will be a plus?
- Highly adept with asynchronous application logic to fetch data from APIs
- A strong commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Prior experience guiding architecture and technology decisions across a team
- Experience with React Native and other native mobile development is a plus
What you will do:
- Guide and align the team on high-level design choices, technical/coding standards, tools, processes, and platforms
- Work closely with product planning and business stakeholders to help define the strategy to best meet customer needs
- Effectively manage trade-offs between effort/schedule and customer benefits
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes
- Exercise good judgment and a bias for action in decision-making
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)Ensure the reliability of systems essential to customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
- Mentor other team members