What is required?
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You have 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers & working with the business to define & drive solutions
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
- Expertise with TypeScript
- Experience with MobX
- Experience with Micro Front Ends
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
- Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)
What you will do:
- Leadership role on a team of skilled front end developers working on our core front end components across our branded e-commerce websites, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
- Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity. Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams.
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Code review & mentor junior engineers
What we offer:
- Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow.
- A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018).
- Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation. Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
About the project
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
- You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.