What is required?
- You have 5+ years web development experience with a focus on building complex layouts and meeting pixel-perfect design requirements
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You have strong knowledge of HTML, CSS/SASS, JS (jQuery, preferably some React) and understand the best practices
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You are a self-starter and happy to take responsibility for getting your work live
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have vision for where systematic improvements are needed & a passion for making things better
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
- Drupal frontend/theming, ideally Drupal 7
- Use of templating engines (we use mustache)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass, LESS)
- Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM), versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with MobX
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale
- E-commerce experience
What you will do:
- Contribute to a team of skilled front end developers focused on integrating core front end components into our branded e-commerce websites, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience
- Work closely with brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity. Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams.
- Work closely with product managers to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Code review other engineers’ work
What we offer:
- Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow.
- A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018).
- Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation. Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
About the project
You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.