On behalf of Paxos, AgileEngine is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer (React.js) to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Senior Front End Engineer (React.js) will be a key player in the design, coding, testing and deployment of technical output.
What is required?
- You are a rock solid front-end engineer with significant exposure to React.js in production environments (4+ years of experience)
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You demonstrate creative design thinking and are able to apply the best UI/UX practices to the system that you’re working on
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system
- You have excellent analytical and time management skills
- As a plus: experience of working with Typescript, MobX, Redux, Testcafe
What will you do?
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks
- You will identify and proactively tackle technical debt before it grows into something that requires significant up-front work to resolve. A rule of thumb is to start looking into root cause of issues whenever there is noise. There is no smoke without fire
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root cause of problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again
- You will be actively involved with and mentor junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill sets for the entire team
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Possible business trips to the UK
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
What about project
Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets—from money to gold to securities—will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Our Products include:
— Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
— itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
— Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.