Client was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer client (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country.
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the role
At client our software engineering team builds the e-commerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible. Engineers don’t just build widgets — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team with members throughout the US.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
What is required?
- 4+ years of professional experience building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Resourceful attitude with an appetite to learn new technologies and skills to solve the problem at hand
- Industry experience with React
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability
- Knowledge with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with React Native and other native mobile development is a plus
- Experience with C#, .NET and functional programming is a plus
- You have a pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- You have a sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable systems
- You have the willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
What you will do:
- Collaborate with other team members to provide strong user-focused tools and experiences
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to client customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
- For more experienced applicants, ability to mentor other team members
Details of Position
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Engineering for Operations Technology
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your client account!
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
How we are protecting from COVID-19
At client, health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.