We are looking for a Senior/Lead UI Engineer (React.js) to join our rapidly growing FinTech project. You will be a key player in the design, coding, testing and deployment of technical output.
Our mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets–from money to gold to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
What is required?
- Significant exposure to React.js, Redux in production environments
- Solid understanding of core engineering concepts
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments
- Great written and verbal English skills
- Ability to understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system.
What will be a plus?
- Backend experience: Go, Node.js, C#;
- Familiarity and comfort with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams;
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability.
What we offer:
- Good compensation package, highest salaries on market;
- Interesting projects and challenging tasks;
- Comfortable work schedule;
- Zero bureaucracy;
- Friendly team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself);
- US democratic management style;
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth;
- Corporate events and activities;
- Professional seminars and training, professional studying.
What you will do:
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks;
- You will identify and proactively tackle technical debt before it grows into something that requires significant up-front work to resolve. A rule of thumb is to start looking into root cause of issues whenever there is noise. There is no smoke without fire;
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root cause of problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again;
- You will be actively involved with and mentor junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill sets for the entire team.
About the project
Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets–from money to gold to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Our Products include:
– Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
– itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
– Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.