Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of Estée Lauder Companies, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Node.js Engineer to join our team full-time, to contribute within a high-energy environment to an online platform that serves over 300 sites globally, work alongside other highly experienced and talented folks to craft elegant and scalable solutions that meet and exceed the business’ wants and desires.
Our new platform, Stardust (yes, like Ziggy) is an exciting modern tech stack that is the engine that powers ELC Online and delivers our high-touch customer experience across digital touchpoints. Stardust will power our Online Commerce, Innovation, and Omnichannel initiatives. This means 500+ E-Commerce & M-Commerce websites globally will rely on code we write and maintain. You will get to build microservices using Java, Node, and AWS API technologies.
Duties include solution design, development, code reviews, and troubleshooting. The role reports to the Microservices Tech Lead, and he is a pretty cool guy. He also has more than 10 years of experience on the web and promotes the leader model of leadership so you will have ample opportunity to really impact the build of this platform.
What will you do?
- Write and deploy working code to production.
- Collaborate with all other technologists to define architecture & strategy.
- Agile ceremonies.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production.
What is required?
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Technical background – experienced in engineering principles and design patterns.
- Solution design experience in large scale projects, ideally of an eCommerce nature.
- Expert NodeJS, Jenkins, GIT, AWS RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Elastic search and cloud technologies.
- Talent for speaking to non-technical people about technical things.
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in either one-on-one interactions or presenting to a room.
- Knowledge of Java would be a plus.
What’s about project?
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, and Too Faced… just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers, and e-commerce renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.