What is required?
- You have 5+ years experience with Perl
- You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You are comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira, Git
- Comfortable working in EST hours
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You understand architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You are independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
What will be a plus?
- Experience in ecommerce web platform development on an eCommerce platform
- Experience with REST apis, devops, cloud, automated testing, linux systems
- Experience with products at enterprise scale
What you will do:
- Modernizing our Perl based backend e-commerce platform to enable faster more reliable delivery of features with industry best practices and improved developer experience
- Writing and improving frameworks and libraries to enable a REST API service oriented approach to software architecture with a focus on security, performance, and ease of use
- Enabling devops, cloud, containerization, automated testing, and deployment pipelines
- Work closely with tech leads, architects, and engineers to define cutting-edge technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
About the project
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented teams to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work remotely with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.