We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team. Paxos’ Information Security team owns responsibility for identifying and mitigating risks throughout our architecture and applications, modeling, gathering and analyzing threats, and engineering solutions to challenging problems that threaten confidentiality, integrity, and availability. The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team owns production and test infrastructure, EC2 instances, and databases, spanning three regions. We have moved to cutting edge technologies like EKS, implemented CI/CD solutions, and deployed security tools to help protect more than a billion dollars under custody.
You will report to the Chief Security Officer, working and attending stand-ups with Security and SRE teams. You’ll often be embedded within SRE, working closely with its director SRE, our product engineering team to deploy and support cutting edge secure solutions. We believe in security through good architecture and proper configuration of infrastructure.
The Security Engineer will be a key player in assuring the resilience and security of everything we build and deploy, ensuring everything we do is enterprise grade and ready to scale.
What is required?
- A security-first mindset following “defense in depth” approach to running services in cloud at scale. We want people who think like an adversary and have an eye for how systems can be made to fail (and how to fix them).
- 5 years experience managing a Linux environment on a major cloud provider;
- Experience programming in at least one language we use (Go, Java, Kotlin, .Net Core)
- Strong understanding IaC paradigm and proven experience with Terraform and Chef;
- Proven experience in Prometheus, Istio, Grafana, AlertManager for metrics discovery, alerting and visualisation;
- Experience in design and maintenance CI/CD pipelines, experience with Jenkins;
- Experience with AWS services such as EKS, Route53, WAF, Shield etc.
- Strong ops skills and mindset;
- Knowledge/interest in Kubernetes;
- Proficiency in Bash (> 3 years)
- Follow Agile Development methodology and active participation in Scrum meetings.
- Take ownership of your work all the way to Production.
What you will do:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) with a dotted-line report to Head of SRE, you will examine everything we do, and everything that we want to do, through a prism of assurance of confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- You will help us continually question everything we do to see if there are ways we can do it better.
- You will help architect intelligent solutions to real-world problems in a high-impact environment.
- You will work with our Security team, Head of SRE, and appropriate SRE and developer teams to understand intent and architect secure paths that enable our creative product team to realize their vision in a manner that is efficient, secure, and compliant.
- You will help scale and build our infrastructure as we build more products that rely on this infrastructure
- You will build visibility into our environment and applications that help us monitor and self-heal when problems arise.
- Own or co-own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple teams.
- You’ll help us articulate risk in more and more granular ways to enable the business to make rational, good choices.
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release multiple times a day
- You will have active involvement and mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team