What is required?
- Proven industry experience in web and mobile app design (SaaS, B2B, B2C).
- Portfolio showcasing related works, possibly with prototype samples. No dribbble-only concepts.
- Experience with building advanced and scalable UI kits or design systems, working with components; knowledge of popular guidelines.
- Knowledge of usability principles and practices.
- Attentive eye and mind for composition details, typography, graphic styles, and visual perception.
- Proficiency in using prototyping software Axure RP, Figma, or Sketch + inVision.
- Excellent and transparent skills in self-management and time management.
- Experience working in agile teams.
- Fluent upper-intermediate or higher level of English, both spoken and written.
What will be a plus?
- Experience in user testing and web analytics.
- Personal projects in the portfolio with a proven experience in basic web development.
- Ability to understand, articulate, and use data-driven and business-value-driven approaches.
- A vision of optimizing the work between designers and developers.
- Passion for reading and learning about all fields of design.
What you will do:
- Working in collaboration with designers and engineers from the company and customer team to define, discuss, design, and deliver extraordinary product.
- Investigating client requirements, transforming requirements into documents, prototypes, concepts in a lean and iterative way.
- Identifying design problems and advising accurate, applicable, and reliable solutions meeting both user needs and business goals.
- Understanding and solving challenging problems, presenting, and arguing for your decisions.
- Making precise short-term estimations and seeing a bigger picture of project development.
- Conducting user testing sessions, interviews, research phases.
- Producing high-quality mockups, specs, guidelines, and assets for developers.
About the project
HomeServe provides home insurance services (e.g. you can choose the plan you need, call the master (plumber, electrician), pay, etc.). They’re supplying 8 countries now, and recently started their services in Japan.
Market monopolist that provides over 4.2 million homeowners in the US and Canada with affordable home emergency repair plans that offer protection from the high costs of repair bills. They completed more than 625,000 repairs for customers across our business over the past year and garnered 4.7 out of 5 star reviews from those surveyed after receiving service. HomeServe counts more than 7000 employees all over the globe.