AgileEngine is growing so fast and we are achieving so much that we need your help right away! We’re looking for an experienced UX researcher to join us on a part-time basis and meet new challenges with the HomeServe product (see the description at the bottom). You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
What is required?
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience) is nice to have
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
What you will do:
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Analyze web traffic with tools like Usabillia, Hotjar, Crazy egg, Google Analytics, etc.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Mentor and coach junior UX researchers on the team.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
About the project
HomeServe provides home insurance services (e.g. you can choose the plan you need, call the master (plumber, electrician), pay, etc.). They’re supplying 8 countries now, and recently started their services in Japan.
Market monopolist that provides over 4.2 million homeowners in the US and Canada with affordable home emergency repair plans that offer protection from the high costs of repair bills. They completed more than 625,000 repairs for customers across our business over the past year and garnered 4.7 out of 5 star reviews from those surveyed after receiving service. HomeServe counts more than 7000 employees all over the globe.