AgileEngine is a #3 rated software development company in San Francisco and #1 in Washington DC. Our clients include names like Bloomberg, Samsung and dozens of VC-funded startups in Silicon Valley and around the world. We use cutting edge tech stack and Lean Startup approach to turn idea into awesome software.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world, and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. Our team is growing and we need a Data Infrastructure Engineer.
What is required?
- 5+ years in mobile web-development in similar environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related technology field
- In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of AWS cloud
- Experience deploying and maintaining EMR, Glue, Athena, RDS
- Experience deploying and maintaining data warehousing technologies such as Amazon Redshift and Google BigQuery
- Experience deploying and maintaining NoSQL databases like Apache Solr, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Experience with deploying messaging and data pipeline tools like Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis etc
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient in Jenkins pipelines
- Experience in writing Terraform/CloudFormation templates
- Experience with ECS/Kubernetes in Production environments
- Experience using and/or implementing modern observability tooling such as Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Kibana or Jaeger
What will be a plus?
- Experience with AWS cloud services, data pipeline and governance tools
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like, Apache Solr, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Knowledge of Airflow or other workflow management systems in a distributed setup
What will you do?
- Be part of the small team that’s developing multi-cloud platform services
- Work in a startup like environment and execute projects with full autonomy
- Fully understand our cloud data platform
- Understand our platform development environment and philosophy
- Understand our cloud architecture and applications’ infrastructure
- Understand our engineering teams’ work culture
- Build CI/CD pipelines to deploy and monitor data pipelines
- Architect and build data infrastructure not available off-the-shelf
- Build deployment tools to provide blue/green and zero downtime for our services
- Ensure data flow and integrity between systems. Champion the flow of data across all our systems from end-to-end ensuring consistency across the chain
- Monitor table schemas (i.e. partitions, compression, distribution) to minimize costs and achieve maximize performance
- Fine-tune our performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Work with different teams to make data available for reporting and analytics
- Monitor our operations and security
- Follow AWS best practices to deploy services
What about project
The project as a Service is the only global digital roadside assistance platform providing roadside assistance to global brands, roadside assistance professionals, and consumers.
Their solution delivers the quickest, safest and most innovative roadside assistance service, products and technology by combining location-based services, real-time data, AI and machine-to-machine communication. The client’s platform powers roadside assistance solutions in North America, Europe and Asia for leading brands across the automotive, insurance, telematics and other transportation-focused verticals.