TransVoyant is seeking a Data Scientist to drive live and predictive data analytics and development for our patented Continuous Decision Intelligence™ Platform. The ideal candidate will structure data and create the analytics needed to provide insights into our customer domains– ranging from predicting customer demand to forecasting port disruptions to getting in front of risks to our customer’s supply-chains. This position will do data discovery, interpret, craft models and build streams for Insights in TransVoyant CDI™.
What is required?
- 2+ years of cloud-based data parsing and analysis, data manipulation and transformation, and visualization experience
- Understanding of Hadoop and Apache based tools to exploit massive sets of TransVoyant data
- Programming and scripting experience with Scala or Python is required (experience with Java is considered a plus) Experience with Apache Spark (or similar) is required
- Experience with Introductory SQL is required
- Experience with Kafka or other streaming architecture frameworks considered a plus
- Ability to explain technical and statistical findings to non-technical users and decision makers
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design
- Domain knowledge in Supply Chain, and/or transportation management and visibility technologies is a plus
What will you do?
- Become an expert on TransVoyant CDI™ Platform solutions and how they solve pressing customer challenges within Supply Chain and related arenas
Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate, and exploit multiple TransVoyant structured and unstructured data sets from thousands of various sources (ex. tweets, live aircraft, forecast weather), including building or generating new data sets as appropriate
- Create methods, models, and algorithms to understand the meaning of streaming live data, translating it into insightful predictive output for customer applications and data products
- Educate internal staff (ex. development, sales, marketing) on how data science and resulting predictions can be productized for key industry verticals
- Represent TransVoyant and our solutions to customers and prospects at industry networking events and trade shows Keep up to date on competitive solutions, products and services
- May need to travel up to 10% of time