Estee Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Fullstack Engineer to join our team full time, to work on a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally, alongside a highly experienced and talented team to analyze, architect & build solutions based on business needs. Working on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines, together with a team of experienced and talented people all over the world.
What is required?
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, with the ability to build complex layouts and meet pixel- perfect design requirements
- Technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- Passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- Pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- Experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
- Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github)
What will you do?
- Work across our branded e-commerce websites in Latin America, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience
- Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity
- Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Improve code quality by providing peer code review feedback to other engineers
What about the project?
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands like MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Face, just to name a few and sold in 150 countries and territories. With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, connects with ourcustomers anytime, anywhere, from any device. Committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty.
ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers and ecomm renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.