The world’s number 1 highest-traffic job website, Indeed.com has 250 million unique monthly visitors and 9.8 jobs posted every second. A giant on a mission to help people find jobs, Indeed works with product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, and Hyderabad.
Ready to help Indeed improve people’s lives, one job at a time?
On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Backend/Data Engineer to develop front- and back-end solutions for the internal Indeed products. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
What is required?
- 4+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with Java (ideally 2+ years)
- Practical experience implementing Apache Spark jobs: knowing its features on partitioning, grouping, joins, importing the data into the cluster, exporting the data from the cluster
- Practical experience working with AWS, specifically AWS EMR (or ability to pick it up fast) would be a great plus
What will be a plus?
- Kubernetes basics
- Spark Operator
What will you do?
- The project is to create a proof of concept for migration of an index builder to AWS, to increase stability of the builder and thus reliability of its data.
- Project Milestones:
- Milestone 1: ability to build the index in AWS EMR from 1 day of data
- Milestone 2: ability to run the builder for consequent 30 days with adequate consistent build times
- Producing high-quality code
- Communication with Engineering & Product management
- Alignment with existing development teams
What about project
Since 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.