On behalf of Inkling, AgileEngine is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Python) to develop Back End solutions. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
What is required?
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience
- A comprehensive foundation with object-oriented and functional programming languages
- Fluent in Node.Js and/or Python but open to other platforms, languages and open source components
- Knowledge of multi-threading and building scalable systems
- Experience in building scalable, reliable and high-performance web applications
- Excellent communication skills and upper-Intermediate English
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with such tools as Webpack, Git, GitHub
What will be a plus?
- Ample experience with AWS services: compute (EC2, Fargate, Lambda), data storage (S3, RDS PostgreSQL/Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch), caching (ElastiCache Redis and Memcached), CDN (Cloudfront or Fastly), messaging (SQS/SNS/Kinesis), monitoring (CloudWatch)
- Networking experience, comfortable working with command-line Linux
- Familiarity with these tools / technologies: Terraform, Vault, Jenkins CI, Github, NGINX, HAProxy, Tableau
- Proficient with Docker
What will you do?
- Development of scalable client-side enhancements
- Implementing best practices and technical solutions
- Taking ownership of business requirements and design/implement test solutions
- Liaising closely with the US business and engineering team located San Francisco to ensure a quality look & feel for all features
- Development and integration of new applications and enhancements
- Write a professional, performant, high-quality code that will support a rapidly scaling business
- Development and refactoring, backend for new/existing modules
- Post production support including enhancements, bug fixes, Troubleshooting guides and documentation
- Performing hotfixes, quick patches, running customer support requests
- Maintain and instill high standards for code quality, code documentation, application performance, and stability
- Ask the right questions and think deeply about building solutions that support both our short-term and long-term goals
What about the project?
Inkling is a single system that lets teams create great content, share it on any digital device, and measure how it’s being used. It helps businesses succeed in today’s mobile world with data-driven content that can be accessed by any user, on any device, anywhere in the world. Inkling’s first-of-its-kind software prioritizes content intelligence—enabling businesses to maximize their content’s value with real-time data insights.