Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of Estée Lauder Companies, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team full-time, to contribute within a high-energy environment to an online platform that serves over 300 sites globally, work alongside other highly experienced and talented folks to craft elegant and scalable solutions that meet and exceed the business’ wants and desires.
What will you do?
- Have an important role on a team of skilled front-end developers developing our core front end components across our branded e-commerce sites, with a special focus on shaping best-in-class user experience
- Close collaboration with product and brand creative teams to flesh out designs into websites that truly honor the brand’s unique identity
- Define best practices & solutions to improve the workflow
- Cooperate with product owners to define scalable technical solutions. Then partner with our global engineers to avail your solution globally
- Troubleshoot & problem solve, at times under pressure
- Code review & mentor junior engineers
- Relish and enjoy your hard-fought accomplishments
What is required?
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers, and working with the business to define & drive solutions
- Technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- Passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- Pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- Experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions, and presenting to a room
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
- Expertise with TypeScript
- Experience with MobX
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
- Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc
- Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow
- A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018)
- Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation. Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
What’s about project?
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, and Too Faced… just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers, and e-commerce renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.