Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets–from money to commodities to securities–will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
On behalf of Paxos, AgileEngine is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to develop backend solutions for our suite of web-based products. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Proven build pipeline infrastructure setup experience
- Proven Docker and cloud environments setup experience
- Proven microservice architecture support experience
- Knowledge of any of the following backend programming languages and testing frameworks: Go, Java, C#
- Ability to work cross squads to be able to design and implement testing infrastructure
- Solid understanding of core engineering concepts and strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Able to understand and articulate the design and architecture of systems.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Set up build and testing pipelines for the Paxos exchange services
- Work on creating a local development story
- Work cross squads to be able to design and implement testing infrastructure
- Build robust and scalable software
- Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Paxos’ mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets—from money to gold to securities—will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Our Products include:
— Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
— itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
— Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.