Agileengine team is looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our international team in building a healthcare product. Our mission is to help make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible to everyone. We do this by building data solutions for healthcare payers and providers to measure and improve their cost and quality outcomes.
What is required?
As a Data engineer we’re excited to talk with you if you bring some or all of the following:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing Spark-based data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: RDS, MySQL
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala
- Excellent written and verbal English
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. You should also have experience using the following software/tools:
What will you do?
- Build products that change the dynamics and incentives of the healthcare industry, changing a zero-sum game of competition between payers and providers into patient-centered collaboration
- Put data engineering magic into the hands of our applications teams through collaboration with the Data Science teams
- Design APIs and service architectures that multiply the effectiveness of internal and external developers serving millions of patients
- Mentor more junior engineers and, in turn, learn from more senior engineers, because we are learners, not knowers, and growing our teams is the most reliable way to scale our impact
- Work as part of a team, not in a silo. We rise by lifting others
- Deal with a project with the following stack: Python, SQL, Scala, Linux, OS X, Spark, MySQL, RDS, AWS ECS, Security Groups, IAM, Lambda, Hashicorp Terraform, and Vault
We build technology to enable users (from data scientists to analysts to policy-makers) to understand healthcare data while ensuring its integrity, security, and privacy. Our work runs the gamut from joining streams of messy real-world data to building queryable data warehouses to constructing visualizations and dashboards that provide actionable insight. We build systems that are auditable, as automated as possible, an accurate representation of the underlying data, and, most importantly, responsive to our end-users’ needs.
We strive for a creative, collaborative engineering environment that implements best practices of peer review, readability, maintainability, and security of the codebase and infrastructure.
Our team builds all the pipelines required to ingest and analyze health care data from insurance plans, hospital systems, medical and wearable device devices, EHR systems. We ensure enterprise-grade stability and startup-grade velocity by maintaining a well-tested code base and infrastructure that is secure-by-default.
We measure our products’ success by how much they improve care and lower costs. As an engineering-led culture, you will be at the vanguard of making healthcare work for all Americans. Today, you’ll be helping hospitals improve quality of care, enabling health plans to pay for quality-of-care, not quantity-of-care, and matching patients to optimal doctors. Tomorrow, you’ll be creating even bigger and better products to shape this industry.