Estee Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for a DevOps Release Engineer to join our team full time, to work in an online platform that serves 500+ web and mobile sites globally. To work closely with all teams within the organization (Product, QA, Backend, Frontend, and DevOps)
As the DevSecOps Engineer on the DevOps team, you’ll be tasked with maintaining ELC’s Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, as well as overseeing Data Warehouse application releases. You will work with the team to provide expert level support for all deployments and deployment tools such as but not limited to Terraform, Cloud Build, GCP and Docker. You will work closely with all teams within the organization (Product, QA, Backend, Frontend and DevOps) to help cut release branches via Git and create release schedules for all applications. Your responsibilities will also involve overall release communication across teams; as well as determining the risk/disaster level of deployments and rollback plans as needed case by case.
Additional responsibilities will revolve around DevOps tasks to improve release consistency and reliability such as Cloud Build pipeline creation, automated release documentation, and configuration management.
What will you do?
- Manage and establish security best practices with regards to Identity & Access Management (IAM), networking, environment configuration, and more
- Manage GCP infrastructure and networking through Terraform code
- Monitor application health with GCP tools (e.g. stackdriver, cloud monitoring)
- Troubleshoot release and application issues jointly with engineers
- Work to understand and improve CI/CD workflows within the team
- Work with developers to establish healthy devops processes and ensure that structure is followed
- Determine appropriate risk levels and disaster recovery for releases
What is required?
- You have managed or supported multi-application release infrastructures before
- You are familiar with deployment, automation, configuration management and monitoring tools, concepts, and principles
- You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers
- You are confident and assertive when making the call to rollback or fix forward and Sound
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum Frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking and technology curious a huge plus
- Strong inter-personal communication skills; the ability to effectively assist others with the use and application of our systems when necessary
- High proficiency with TCP/IP stack (OSI layers, subnetting, basic routing protocols)
- Strong knowledge of OWASP best practices
- Basic knowledge of PCI/SOX audit requirements
- Strong grasp of host-based security technologies
- Password and identity management
- Experience working across multiple Cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Build & test code continuously with scripting & programming languages
- Manage, track & document changes to code with source control tools
- Application deployment via automation with config management too
- Familiar with technical constructs, process and development frameworks
- Fundamental Knowledge of GCP
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale
- E-commerce experience
- Highly repeatable tools and processes to automate supporting deployment processes with:
- 5+ years in GCP
- 5+ years writing infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, etc.,)
- 6+ years in Security best practices
- 5+ years in System Administration, Unix shell
- 5+ years in Docker
- 3+ years with Kubernetes
- 6+ years in Security best practices
- 4+ years in CI/CD (e.g. Cloud Build, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
Client’s company description
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries and territories. Infused throughout the organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as they continue the bold work of their founder.
ELC’s vision is to lead the prestigious beauty industry in tech innovation. There’s a massive play for beauty in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other emerging technologies. They are focused on creating the best-personalized experiences for consumers, giving them seamless, aspirational experiences whether on mobile, in-store or online.