Striving for excellence is in our corporate culture. Since 2000, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently, we’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of big media. The platform that you’ll be working on serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest development and QA minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
What is required?
- Extensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a must
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.x including experience scaling out author, publishers and dispatchers in a multi-site environment is a major asset
- You have extensive Linux and scripting knowledge but can work on Windows and IIS when you have to
- You’ve run large web sites before – you understand CDN’s and what breaks when sites scale
- A desire to share knowledge and collaborate within an enthusiastic technical team
- Security minded – bad security groups or ACLs bug you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven and organized self –starter, with excellent planning skills
- Constructive negotiator, pragmatic and decisive
- Thrives on being on the leading edge – not afraid to iterate and try new things
- Excels in a very collaborative, fast paced environment with highly interactive processes
- Excellent planning skills, highly organized and detailed person
What will you do?
- Run daily operations for websites reaching millions of Canadians daily
- Use metrics/kpi’s to help determine platform health and take action
- Manage our customer and payment platforms
- Continuously improve our automation — write code, write tests, analyze outcomes
- Lead the recovery of incidents, run retrospectives
- Be willing to participate in on-call support