The software engineer is a key contributor to an Agile team working alongside other teams in the development of entellitrak – open architecture, a unified platform for Case Management and Business Process Management solutions.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new product capabilities and architectural enhancements, working within a fast-paced and highly flexible Agile environment. Must be a self-starter, be able to operate independently, and multiplex his or her time between many diverse tasks.
What is required?
- 5 + years of professional experience developing web applications
- 4+ years of professional experience using front-end technologies and frameworks such as ReactJS,
Redux, npm, Rеdux Saga, Apollo, etc.
- Experience consuming web services such as REST, GraphQL, etc.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibilities, responsiveness, and web accessibility standards
Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and applying them throughout the full development lifecycle
- A detail-oriented person with strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.Sc., M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
What will be a plus?
- Experience in developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Owned projects from scoping requirements through launch and iteration on features
- Ability to communicate with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements,
describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategies
- Strong UI/UX skills and intuition, and close work with designers to deliver complete
and delightful experience-rich applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including design and coding standards, code reviews, source control management, unit, and integration testing, CI/CD
- Familiarity with 4-tier architecture along with back-end and server-side technologies
What will you do?
- Design and development of product capabilities and architectural enhancements in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and optimize code performance/maintainability
- Develop unit/integration tests in a structured manner
- Ensure all product development is in compliance with the established development practices and processes
- Help to drive the direction of product architecture, technology, and tools
- Design and implement scalable, secure, high quality and innovative web solutions using front-end technologies
- Keep abreast of technology standards and industry best practices
- Analyze industry technology trends, and propose execution plans for absorbing the relevant ones into product development
- Provide technical thought leadership to the teams through frequent informational sessions
What about the project?
MicroPact’s Unified BPM platform for Case and Business Process Management, entellitrak, is used by more federal agencies than any other BPM product. MicroPact’s open architecture products can be implemented immediately and configured continuously, enabling customers to get to work quickly while keeping costs low. Whether based on-premises or in the cloud, MicroPact products scale from the local office to the enterprise giving everyone in the organization the ability to track, collaborate and report on the data that drives operations forward.