On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Performance Engineer to join our team full time, to work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally. To work alongside highly experienced and talented designers & developers to analyze, architect, and build solutions based on business needs.
What will you do?
- Identify front-end bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience
- Improve codebase performance, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency
- Utilize and identify potential tooling to monitor and debug performance-related issues
- Define front end coding best practices to optimize performance, cascade them to the wider engineering team, and ensure they are followed
- Build high quality, high touch frontend experiences with the highest code quality & best-in-class performance
- Work closely with product managers and tech leads to implement scalable technical solutions and partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Participate in peer code reviews to contribute to overall codebase quality
What is required?
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and understand the best practices
- Problem solver, and don’t hesitate to dive in and investigate issues
- Technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- Passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- Positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- Comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Expertise with TypeScript
- Experience with MobX
- Solid understanding and experience with performance toolsets, such as browser debugging tools, Sitespeed.io, Chrome lighthouse, etc.
- Working knowledge of how to optimize rendering performance and responsiveness on low-end devices
What will be a plus?
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass, LESS)
- Use of templating engines (we use mustache)
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7 (PHP experience a plus)
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale
- Experience working with e-commerce
What’s about project?
Estee Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries and territories. Infused throughout the organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as they continue the bold work of their founder.
ELC’s vision is to lead the prestigious beauty industry in tech innovation. There’s a massive play for beauty in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other emerging technologies. They are focused on creating the best-personalized experiences for consumers, giving them seamless, aspirational experiences whether on mobile, in-store or online.