We are looking for a full-stack engineer who has a strong grasp and experience in application architecture including but not limited to API Gateways, Data Access layers, integration software. You have deep experience in services or microservices oriented architecture and cloud deployments.
Your focus will be on developing our company’s core product, the Idelic Safety Suite. This will include tasks such as developing new product features, perfecting existing implementations, and tackling tech debt. You will ensure that these components and the overall product are easy to maintain and integrated with the different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and high-quality work is important.
The tech stack of Idelic’s Engineering team is focused around stability and maintainability. We use Scala for the majority of our backend, and React with TypeScript for our frontend. Our data pipeline and a couple of microservices are written in Go.
We leverage the AWS cloud for a majority of our deployments, with a focus on using the tools that Amazon has built where applicable. We have a strong commitment to full testing with each component of our architecture having unit and integration tests to ensure quality and reliability.
What is required?
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with cloud computing, API Gateways, and SOA based programming
- Experience with Scala, Java, Go (Golang), or other typed languages
- Experience with HTTP, REST and JSON technologies
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end test code
What will you do?
- Collaborates with team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Deliver code that is scalable, readable, and flexible enough to adapt to changing requirements
- Participate in internal reviews of code, software components, and systems and make data-driven decisions on how they should evolve
- Work on any task or help solve problems where needed — be humble and scrappy!
What’s about project?
Idelic uses cutting-edge technology and beautifully designed interfaces to help predict and prevent trucking accidents and reduce driver turnover to ensure drivers get home safely each and every night. Our SaaS solutions are radically transforming the way in which the transportation industry manages safety through advanced machine learning and our driver management platform.
We believe that people do their best work while part of a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, professional development, and teamwork. Together, we can fulfill our mission to make our roads and highways safer for everyone.