Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
What will you do?
- Build highly scalable features and APIs to support fantastic user experiences with the highest code quality best-in-class performance
- Highly efficient in developing new features and troubleshooting production issues
- Work closely with product managers to define cutting-edge technical solutions partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Collaborate with architects, engineers DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Troubleshoot problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Code review mentor junior engineers
What is required?
- Hands-on experience building features and enhancements
- 3-5 years in e-commerce web platform development, with at least 3 years working with Account and Checkout e-commerce platform
- 3-5 years experience with Perl/PHP, JS, Restful API, Jenkins, Git, HTML, SASS, SQL/DB, with working knowledge of React/Drupal
- Strong experience interfacing with payment methods
- Strong database experience supporting complex applications
- Passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, highly-performant code, with a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Understanding of architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well- designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- Pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- Comfortable working in an Agile Scrum team and using Jira
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions, and presenting to a room
What will be a plus?
- Experience with design patterns, multithreading, and unit testing
- Exposure to common development tools (Gradle, Maven, Spring, JUnit, Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience developing in Unit Testing and its various methodologies (BDD, TDD, etc)
- Expertise in Perlgem, REST and API patterns, Authentication patterns (JWT, OAuth2), API contracts (Swagger/OpenAPIv3, SOAP, etc)
- Experience with projects at an enterprise scale
- Familiarity with database technologies including Oracle and NoSQL (Mongo, Dynamo, etc)
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with all levels of staff and leadership
What’s about project?
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries and territories. Infused throughout the organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as they continue the bold work of their founder.
ELC’s vision is to lead the prestigious beauty industry in tech innovation. There’s a massive play for beauty in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other emerging technologies. They are focused on creating the best-personalized experiences for consumers, giving them seamless, aspirational experiences whether on mobile, in-store or online.